Tuesday, July 15, 2025
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY
  • CONTACT US
WITHIN NIGERIA - NEWS PICKS
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS PICKS
    • BREAKING
    • National
    • Local News
    • Politics
    • Diaspora
    • Business
    • Education
    • Sports
    • World News
      • Africa
      • U.S
      • Asia
      • Europe
    • XTRA
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • MORE
    • GIST
    • ARTICLES
    • VIDEOS
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA - NEWS PICKS
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS PICKS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • MORE

FG, Borno to develop framework for surrender of insurgents – Zulum

Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
September 23, 2021
in National
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0 0
A A
0
Babagana Umara Zulum
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Governor of Borno state, Babagana Zulum has stated that his administration, in collaboration with the federal government, is working on a sustainable framework for the surrender of Boko Haram insurgents.

Several Nigerians have criticised and condemned governments’ decision to accept and rehabilitate repentant insurgents.

Zulum while speajing at a town hall meeting in Maiduguri, Borno state, on Thursday said the surrender of Boko Haram members is a welcome development.

The governor said thousands of insurgents have surrendered, and that the law enforcement agencies have been of great help in aiding the process.

READ ALSO

JUST-IN: Buhari’s corpse leaves UK for Daura burial

Buhari not religious fundamentalist, had Christian staff, prayed in Jesus’ name – Tunde Bakare

US to deport, permanently ban Nigerians who overstay their visa

Tunde Bakare speaks on agreement with Buhari to hand over to him as president

“The ongoing surrender of Boko Haram members is a welcome development. We have taken collective decisions to fast track the process of the surrender of Boko Haram members,” the professor said.

“So far, thousands of them have surrendered. We have been receiving tremendous support from the Nigerian army, Nigerian police and DSS, and others at ensuring the success of this very process.

“Governments at state and federal level are working assiduously to establish a sustainable framework that will ensure proper handling of these processes.”

Zulum said the destruction of power lines to Borno has subjected the people to “despair and hopelessness”.

“After the first destruction of the power lines, we mobilised resources to effect necessary repairs both at the federal and state level,” he said.

“After spending millions of naira, the excitement was short-lived as the insurgents 24 hours later destroyed the repaired lines.

“Just a few days ago, the contract for the installation of a thermal energy station in Maiduguri was signed by the NNPC and contractors.

“Very soon, the contractors will mobilise to site and the project will be completed in the next six months. The president has directed the federal ministry of power to look into the possibility of providing 150 megawatts of solar energy plants in Borno state to ensure sustainable power supply to the state.”

On his part, Christopher Musa, theatre commander of the north-east joint task force, said “primitive punishments” should be meted out to those who vandalise public infrastructure.

Musa said the insurgents work on information given to them by locals to attack public infrastructure.

“They have information about our movements on a daily basis. In as much as we try to maintain surveillance, as soon as we leave, information is passed,” he said.

“Another thing is to make the item being vandalised very difficult to sell. There must be primitive punishments for anyone found selling those things in the market.

“We should have carbon markings placed on some of these equipment, so any market where these things are found could be traced to who is bringing it?”

POPULAR TODAY

    • All
    • National
    • Local News
    • Politics
    • World News
    • Sports
    • XTRA

    BREAKING: FG announces public holiday in honour of late Muhammadu Buhari

    July 14, 2025

    BREAKING: Awujale of Ijebu, Sikiru Adetona, passes away hours after Buhari’s death

    July 13, 2025

    JUST IN: Katsina govt announces date, place of Buhari’s burial

    July 14, 2025

    JUST-IN: Buhari’s corpse leaves UK for Daura burial

    July 15, 2025

    Discussion about this post

    ADVERTISEMENT

    LATEST

    JUST-IN: Buhari could’ve died earlier if he relied on Nigerian hospitals, says Femi Adeshina

    July 15, 2025

    Buhari got into trouble with Nigerians over jokes — Garba Shehu

    July 15, 2025

    JUST-IN: Buhari’s corpse leaves UK for Daura burial

    July 15, 2025

    Buhari not religious fundamentalist, had Christian staff, prayed in Jesus’ name – Tunde Bakare

    July 15, 2025

    US to deport, permanently ban Nigerians who overstay their visa

    July 15, 2025

    Tunde Bakare speaks on agreement with Buhari to hand over to him as president

    July 15, 2025
    Load More
    NEWS PICKS — WITHIN NIGERIA

    WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

    NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

    WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

    Follow us on social media:

    CORPORATE LINKS

    • About
    • Contacts
    • Report a story
    • Advertisement
    • Content Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
     
    • Fact-Checking Policy
    • Ethics Policy
    • Corrections Policy
    • REPORT A STORY
    • PRIVACY
    • CONTACT US

    © 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • HOME
    • FEATURES
    • NEWS PICKS
      • BREAKING
      • National
      • Local News
      • Politics
      • Diaspora
      • Business
      • Education
      • Sports
      • World News
        • Africa
        • U.S
        • Asia
        • Europe
      • XTRA
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • MORE
      • GIST
      • ARTICLES
      • VIDEOS

    © 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName